Awesome developments to IDE and ASP toolbox in Visual Studio 2005. VS 2005 is becoming a kind of swiss army knife - All in one tool for .net development. Intellisense for almost everything you do with VS 2005. Had a first look at it today at MSDN day conducted at The Continental by Satyam.
Visual studio 2005 is releasing in November. ASP.net with this version has lot of [50+] new controls to help you with almost everything you wanted.
Some great improvements to vs 2005
- Controls can be dragged in source mode (Note earlier only design mode allowed you to drag and toolbox was disabled in design mode)
- Intellisense for every XML having valid DTD.
- Clean application folder - creates files only when required (eg. web.config)
- Error helper pops up with various options (details of the error, exception class details etc) - In earlier versions you had to go to msdn or google to help yourself with the exceptions raised.
- Standard validations to make the code compatible with selected compatibility option. Intellisense makes sure options are valid.
- Allows mixed development of vb.net and c# in different pages, they can be compiled together to make one dll.
Links related to visual studio 2005
- Official site of visual studio 2005
- Visual basic IDE team blog
- Comparision of VS 2005 with JSF the java counterpart
- Some VS 2005 related samples and code snippets